[fluka-discuss]: Gamma index and accelerator setup - Two Problems for Comparing FLUKA and Eclipse

From: Simon Börger <simon.boerger_at_tu-ilmenau.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 20:05:17 +0200

Dear FLUKA experts,

we wanna compare Dose Distributions from FLUKA and Eclipse from Varian.
But the programms use different units for the dose distributions - FLUKA
in pSv/primary and Eclipse in Gray. We decided to calculate the gamma
index of each distribution and compare the dose distributions over the
gamma index. We have actually two problems:

1.) How do we calculate the gamma index in FLUKA?  Is there any way? and
when what are the steps of this way?

1.1) Is there a way to convert the unit from FLUKA for DOSE-EQ
(pSv/primary) to Gray? - and when please give some hints how to do it

2.) How do we setup an accelerator in FLUKA? We need the same
accelerator in FLUKA as we use in Eclipse.

Many thanks for any help

Best regards

Simon Börger