Re: [fluka-discuss]: Question about Neutrino Interactions

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:48:54 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Michael,

for some entries in the DEFAULTS card, neutrinos are discarded (e.g.
NEW-DEFA, PRECISION), I do not know if this holds also for primary
neutrinos (the fluka-discuss-thread you mentioned indeed suggests
that it should not). This would mean neutrinos are not transported, I am
not fully sure if this means that they also would not interact.

Anyway, one can explicitely ask FLUKA to not discard (anti)neutrinos by
e.g. setting

DISCARD -NEUTRIE -ANEUTRIE

but I do not know if this will solve your problem (but it may be
worthwhile to try).

Which "default FLUKA file" are you using? I assume that your lead target
is big enough for the neutrinos to have a non-zero interaction probability.
And what is the energy of the neutrinos in your case?

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science