[fluka-discuss]: Optical photons

From: Ana Chiriacescu <ana.chiriacescu_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 18:09:25 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I am trying to detect the optical photons produced by Cherenkov effect as a secondary process from 40K radioactive decay. The decay works, I can see the electrons and gammas, but I cannot see the optical photons.
When I run the simulation with an electron beam with the corresponding energy and I introduce the PHYSICS card (coalescence on) Cherenkov effect is produced and I can score the optical photons.
Is there any conflict between the physics card along with the raddecay since when I try to add it, the simulation doesn't start at all.
I have attached the input.

Thank you,

Ana Chiriacescu