[fluka-discuss]: Fluka - Cyclotron

From: Luis Miguel Chavez Patiņo <lchavez_at_aben.gob.bo>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:05:54 -0400

Hi, Fluka Friends!

I am Luis from Bolivia, my country is entering the field of nuclear
technology with the installation of our first medium energy cyclotron (up to
24 MeV) and a research reactor.

We are a group of young scientists who are in the project. There is a lot of
enthusiasm. I am related to the cyclotron area.

I would like to know if Fluka will be useful to simulate the irradiation of
targets (liquids, solids and gases) by a proton beam. My interest is to
obtain the most optimal configuration (at least numerically) for the
irradiation of the mentioned targets.

As an example: The irradiation of Mo-100 (99.5 % purity) to obtain Tc-99m.

Best regards,

Luis Chavez