Re: [fluka-discuss]: Fluka - Cyclotron

From: Anna Ferrari <a.ferrari_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 17:04:48 +0200

Hi Luis,
   you are in the right place,welcome in the FLUKA community!!

   In literature you can find a huge number of papers about FLUKA
simulations of target irradiation with a proton beam, with solid benchmarks.
  Concerning the radioisotope production at a cyclotron, you can for example
look at this:
  https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6498/ab2ae8

  Best regards, with a lot of wishes of success!
  Anna

Am Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:05:54 -0400schrieb Luis Miguel Chavez Patiño :
>Hi, Fluka Friends!
>
>I am Luis from Bolivia, my country is entering the field of nucleartechnology with the installation of our first medium energy cyclotron (up to 24 MeV) and a research reactor.
>
>We are a group of young scientists who are in the project. There is a lotof enthusiasm. I am related to the cyclotron area.
>
>I would like to know if Fluka will be useful to simulate the irradiationof targets (liquids, solids and gases) by a proton beam. My interest is to obtain the most optimal configuration (atleast numerically) for the irradiation of the mentioned targets.
>
>As an example: The irradiation of Mo-100 (99.5 % purity) to obtainTc-99m.
>
>Best regards,
>Luis Chavez

Dr. Anna Ferrari
Institute of Radiation Physics - High Energy Density Division
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Bautzner Landstraße 400, D-01328 Dresden
http://www.hzdr.de
Tel.+49 351 260 2872

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt, Dr. Diana Stiller
Vereinsregister: VR 1693beim Amtsgericht Dresden