[fluka-discuss]: Beginner issue with running flair

From: Neil Fox <Neil.Fox_at_bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:34:39 +0000

Hi,
I have just downloaded and installed flair and FLUKA under WSL Ubuntu LTS 20.04 on a Windows 10 machine, but flair has a launch error and could not connect to 'my ip address'.
I echoed the $DISPLAY to check the IP address that is stored and checked the IP address in the Xming log and the IP address is the same.
I have made screenshots of the Xming log and the Ubuntu WSL.
Can anyone help explain why I cannot run flair please?

Neil

Neil A. Fox

Professor, Materials for Energy.
https://research-information.bris.ac.uk/en/persons/neil-a-fox

Office address
Nanoscience & Quantum Information Building
School of Physics,
University of Bristol,
Tyndall Avenue,
BS8 1TL.
UK.
Tel. 44+(0)117 39 40022

Head, Diamond New Energy Group, School of Physics
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/physics/research/micronanomaterials/
Bristol Diamond Group, School of Chemistry
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/pt/diamond/
Director, Chemical Physics degree programmes, School of Chemistry
Director, Physics with Industrial Experience, School of Physics
Director, BrUNEL – Bristol NanoESCA Laboratory,http://www.bristol.ac.uk/physics/facilities/nanoesca/
Bristol Centre for Nano Science & Quantum Information, School of Physics