Re: [fluka-discuss]: problem with MAGFLD routine in new FLUKA release

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:10:52 +0100 (CET)

Dear Lev,

it seems to me that FLUKA is complaining about the normalization of the
BTX, BTY, BTZ values. From the manual (MGNFIELD card, Note2) ):

(I)t is imperative that MAGFLD returns normalised values of
BTX, BTY and BTZ such that the sum of their squares is = 1.0
IN DOUBLE PRECISION.

Apparently, for your values this condition is not fulfilled (while it is
the case for the pre-defined UMGFLD, VMGFLD, WMGFLD values in the
CMEMFL-common, so if you have those values override your BTX, BTY, BTZ
this will of course work).

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science