[fluka-discuss]: I: momentum spread with source routine

From: Boscolo, Daria Dr. <D.Boscolo_at_gsi.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:31:50 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am trying to implement a gaussian momentum spread with the source routine as it is in the beam card.
To do that I followed the indication given in a previous discussion in this forum:
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/18392.html

However, the distribution I obtain does not match with the one I see when using the beam card: the two results differ of about a 30% on the momentum spread sigma.

I attach here a plot of the two energy spectra together with the two input files and the source routine I am using.

Many thanks for the help,
Best regards,
Daria

--