Re: [fluka-discuss]: I: momentum spread with source routine

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 14:57:18 +0100

Oh yes! It is true that the energy variables FLUKA in the stack, TKEFLK
(NPFLKA) is always in total energy and so also the momentum.

Maybe you will obtain a better agreement if you express the mass not in
GeV/c^2 but in units of atomic mass, for instance you can write:

PMOSPR= (WHASOU(5) * AM (IONID)/AMUC12) /2.355

AMUC12 is a parameter containing 0.931... GeV/c^2

Even better if you write:

PMOSPR= (WHASOU(5) * AM (IONID)/AMUC12) /S2FWHM

S2FWHM is the 2.355 but in double precision with many more decimals

Ciao
     Giuseppe

--
INFN Sezione di Milano