[fluka-discuss]: Dose Normalizing by region

From: imen hammami <imen.hammami_at_istmt.utm.tn>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 10:37:26 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,
Excuse me, I have to ask for your help. The issue description is as
follows:

To assess the dose rate in the vicinity of a Cobalt-60 source, we defined
some spheres to be used as dosimeters. Then we set a USRBIN card to score
the dose in these regions (spheres). The obtained value is normalized
using the following equation:
 D(Gy/h)= Ed * 2 * 1.6021 E-7 * A *3600
where
- Ed is total energy deposited in the dosimeter, the value is given by
Fluka.
- 2 factor to take account for two photons emitted from Cobalt-60 source
- 1.6021 E-7 conversion factor
- A is the activity of the source
- 3600 factor to get the dose rate
The dose rate values obtained using this equation seem to be wrong, because
they are too far from experimental values and other MC code values. So I
doubt that the equation used for normalization is not right or there is an
issue with the scoring card . I will be grateful if you can help me to fix
the issue.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards
[image: unnamed.png]