Re: physics processes

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:13:20 +0100 (CET)

Dear Sergey
I want to remember that the philosophy of FLUKA rejects the policy of
GEANT4 which leaves to the user the responsibility of choosing the
so called "physics list".
FLUKA is written in such a way to activate all the available
relevant physics.

In order to know what I mean be relevant physics, first of all, you need
to check which DEFAULT you are using.
The general physics processes activated for each DEFAULT choice are
listed on the manual when you look for the DEFAULT command.
The user can switch off or on some processes (photonuclear interaction,
delta-ray production, low-energy neutron transport, etc, etc.) with
some specific commands.
I advice you to study some lectures from one of the recent FLUKA courses
in order to learn about the relevant commands which drive the physics
choices
For instance go to
http://fluka-course.web.cern.ch/FLUKA-Course/index.php?id=c_program
download and study at least the lectures on Physics Models 1 and 2, Low
Energy neutrons, Ionization and transport.

Best regards
        Giuseppe Battistoni