Re: Collision tape in flair

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <Giuseppe.Battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:58:18 +0100 (CET)

Dear Sergey
the collision tape is opened and written within the mgdraw.f user routine.
If you like, you can easily modify the open and write statements there to
have a formatted collision tape (compiling and linking the routine to your
executable). However I strongly discourage you from doing such a
thing. The reason is the following:
In general the collision tape is a very large file and if you transform it
into a formatted one, the size will be much larger (I think about a factor
of 3).
It is much more convenient to leave the collision tape as it is and read
it with a simple program, writing to a formatted unit only what you need.
In fortran an example is given in the manual at 12.2.5} (program MGREAD).

In flair there is a python routine which does that and is Data.py
(see http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/2003.html)
It is located in /usr/local/flair

regards
        Giuseppe Battistoni