total cross sections table FLUKA 2008

From: <j.zdebik_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:52:51 +0100

Dear all,

I simulate the neutron beam with scintillating material (carbon + hydrogen) and with the tungsten layers with the Fluka 2008 code and Geant-3 package.

And I was wondering how much the values of total cross sections which are implemented in these codes, are different. The most important for me are total cross sections for reactions:

BEAM MATERIAL IN TARGET

neutron and carbon
neutron and hydrogen
neutron and tungsten

I am interested in the kinetic energy for the neutron in the range (300 - 800 MeV).

I would like to ask where I can find the table with these values in FLUKA, I saw in the manual something related with "FLUKA neutron library", this is a good trace ? Especially, in the range of kinetic energy in which I am interested in? I know that it is possible to achieve this information for low energy neutrons (LOW-NEUT + what(4)), but my neutrons have energy bigger than 20 MeV, so I think, I can't use this option.

bye and very thanks for any help,
       Jaroslaw

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt