FLUKA defaults and necessary cards for medical applications (i.e. low energy)

From: Roger Hälg <rhaelg_at_phys.ethz.ch>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:11:06 +0100

Dear FLUKA experts

I am preparing some simulations for medical applications in radiation
oncology. Therefore I am dealing with electron beams of 6 MeV and 15 MeV.
Comparing with other problems I would say that this is a real low energy
application for FLUKA.

My question is now what specific cards do I need or do I have to be aware
of to handle this energy regime best?

Concerning the DEFAULTS card I think that PRECISIO is the best choice
according to the manual. Any comments about this?

I also had a look once again at the lecture notes about "Voxels and Medical
Applications". But I couldn't find any hints for my questions.

Thank you very much for your help!

Greetz

Roger