RE: RE: Score neutron from 16O(p,xn) reaction

From: Markus Brugger <Markus.Brugger_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:26:43 +0100

Hi Lee,

 the problem is in the usage of the AUXSCORE cards. By linking USRYIELD
 with AUXSCORE to BEAMPART you don't get the neutron yield as expected.
 In addition, we think that there is still a normalisation and unit
 problem:
   - FLUKA will give you the yield/GeV -> x GeV/MeV
   - as Paola pointed out, you need to multiply not only with the
 inelastic cross section, but also consider the ratio of particles
 actually undergoing an inelastic interaction (I_star/I_prim)

 hope this helps, cheers

 Markus