Re: Foil simulation Nikhef

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:19:11 +0100

(smtp1.mi.infn.it [192.84.138.69]); Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:19:18 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

Hi Wout,

I few comments and observations:

- Ranges of region names always refer to the order they appear in the
geometry definition. Thus, since region 'Foil' comes before region
'Copper' the range in the first EMFCUT card doesn't make sense.

- Do you have a particular reason for requesting leading particle biasing
for compton and photoelectric effect (EMFCUT/What(3))?

- Since you upper scoring limit in USRBDX is 1MeV it will probably not
call fluscw for electrons of higher energy. Raise the scoring limit in
case you are missing something here.

- opening the data-file in fluscw on each call is probably wasting CPU.
If you want to make it more efficient open it at the first call only

       IF (LFIRST) THEN
          LFIRST = .FALSE.
       END IF

- apart from the above comments you should obtain all electrons with your
input/fluscw. Thus, maybe the low number is reality(?) Did you look at the
spectrum which you ontained with USRBDX?

Cheers
Stefan