Re: Crossings of mesons wiht Xenon - if FLUKA is good tool for me?

From: Anna Ferrari <anna.ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:31:04 +0100 (CET)

1.mi.infn.it [192.84.138.69]); Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:31:10 +0100 (CET)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

 Dear Rafal,
  first of all FLUKA simulates, through the PEANUT package, all
  the few-GeV pion-nucleus reactions, that you want to study:

 - Channels for momentum of pion(+)=3D2.34 GeV/c

   pion(+) + Xe -> pion(0) +A'
   pion(+) + Xe -> proton + pion(0) +A'
   pion(+) + Xe -> proton + A'

 - Channels for momentum of pion(-) =3D 3.5 GeV/c

   pion(-) + Xe -> pion(0)+ A'
   pion(-) + Xe -> proton + pion(0) +A'
   pion(-) + Xe -> proton + A'

  You cannot, however, simulate single nucleus interactions with FLUKA.
  A good solution to this first problem could be to approximate your
  reaction by using a thin Xenon target: in this way you could get
  a lot of informations about your final states.
  You have, however, a second problem: you cannot get all information
  you need about the initial state (you cannot get impact
  parameters, etc...), that means that you cannot extract a random impact
  parameter as you want to do.
  One comment more. In principle the PEANUT event generator can be called
  in the source.f user routine, but it would violate the point 3. of the
  FLUKA user licence: following this point, you cannot "....modify any
  of the functions of FLUKA, or extract specific isolated results from any
  of the individual internal physics models embedded within FLUKA".

  Hope it could help somehow,
  best regards,
  Anna