Re: source subroutine

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:47:25 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Vitaliy,

The source that you sent reads in at each event all the particles in your
file, and at each event it fills the stack with all the particles and
follows them. This means that you will follow N times ( START N) the SAME
15000 particles. is this what you want?? This is why the run with the
dump1.inp seems to loop, it has to follow 15000 particles 50 times.
If you wish, instead, to load one particle at each event, you have two
possibilities
a) open the file in the init section
   read in one particle each time the source is called, set nomore=1 when
you reach the end of file.

b) read all the particles at initialization
     at each time the source is called, sample random the particle that
has to be followed.
I attach the source for option b)
Paola
> Dear FLUKA users,
>
> My simple test source.f is working now with simple input file
> (test_source.inp) but, unfortunately, I have problems with more
> complicated input file (dump1.inp). My task is to calculate the energy
> deposition (dose) in the dump with some arbitrary initial distribution
> of the particles. I have no idea how to solve this problem at the
> moment. Could somebody help me?
> You can find two input files, file with data table (input.dat) and
> source.f in the attachment.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Vitaliy
>

> --
> GSI Helmholtzzentrum fur Schwerionenforschung GmbH
> Planckstrasse 1
> D-64291 Darmstadt
> www.gsi.de
> Gesellschaft mit beschrenkter Haftung
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Darmstadt
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
>
> Geschhrung: Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. Horst Stecker, Christiane
> Neumann
>
> Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
> Stellvertreter: Ministerialdirigent Dr. Rolf Bernhardt

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148