RE: Question about Compiling Fluka in 64 bit architecture

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:02:26 +0200

Dear Luke,

For the moment there is no public 64bit version of FLUKA, since there is
no gain at all compared with the 32bit version. Therefore the only way
of using it on a 64bit machine is to install all the necessary 32bit
libraries and compile your executable in 32bit mode (from a 64bit
machine). Actually this is the default if you use the standard
compilation scripts of FLUKA (fff, lfluka), otherwise you have to
manually supply the option (-m32) on the compiler (g77 or gcc)

Cheers
Vasilis