Fluka for internal dosimetry

From: Ernesto Amato <eamato_at_unime.it>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 12:51:24 +0200

Dear Fluka users,
I would like to develop a simulation in Fluka of the interaction of
radiations emitted by radioactive nuclei uniformly distributed in
volumes of soft tissue.
I use Fluka through the Flair interface.
Since I'm almost new to Fluka, I have two probably simple questions:

1. Is it possible to choose the radioisotope from a list (for example
the periodic table) and to define it as a "source", or any emitted
radiation (beta, gamma, ...) must be separately inserted as primary
particles to be tracked?

2. How to simulate an homogeneous distribution of radionuclides in a
volume? Is it possible to use BEAM and BEAMPOS cards, or is it necessary
to implement a user SOURCE code?

Thank you in advance,

Ernesto Amato - University of Messina - Italy