Re: Problems at 120 GeV

From: Joseph Comfort <Joseph.Comfort_at_asu.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:55:35 -0700 (MST)

Dear Alfredo and Alberto,

Sorry for some confusions.

The SOURCE card can be removed as I did not compile in a source.f routine.
(Overlooked from an older case.) I attach the .out file. I had intended
that there would be no existing random number file to start with. The
original run on a university computer did not have one. I repeated the
run on my own machine, and it also bombed. There might have been a ran...
file on this machine. The .out file contains the initial seeds. The
.log file contains only the license.

I have now disabled the PHYSICS/PEATHRES card. There are still lots of
messages, but the calculations have survived 3 cycles so far (going for
10) on 40 cpu cores. Based on some limited comparisons, calculations
without the PEATHRES card are giving ~20% fewer K+ than with it. I'd
rather it be the other way, but... I've been apprehensive about this
feature, and have always been told that it will be the default in future
versions. Maybe it is still too soon.

With regards,
Joe