Re: Implantation

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:10:35 +0200

Dear Andrzej,

you are dealing with a 3MeV/n Kr beam in copper, so cards like PHOTONUC,
LAM-BIAS, and MUPHOTON are completely irrelevant (you are not going to
get muons, bremsstrahlung photons nor primary ion interactions). On the
other hand you should lower the ion transport threshold, setting the
alpha's one down to 40KeV (it's just a reference value) and this way
adopting 10keV/n for every heavier ion. Moreover, single scattering (by
MULSOPT with SDUM=GLOBAL) should be recommended.

NEVERTHELESS, with the actual version you will not obtain meaningful
results for micron range beams like yours, as you already observed [with
a much higher threshold of 1MeV/n]. The inclusion of nuclear stopping
power, which becomes important at VERY low energies, is being developed
and with that we get the same value as SRIM (by J.P. Biersack and J.F.
Ziegler) which predicts a 13um range (and 0.5um both for longitudinal and
lateral straggling).

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti