RE: Activity value 0.0000E+00???

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:27:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi
you asked RADDECAY in semi-analogue mode (what(2) >1). To use the
IRRPROFI/DCYTIMES schemes you should set it to "Active" ( what(1)=1)

The number of primaries has NEVER an impact on the calclulated values, it
only affects the statistics. For all standard estimators the results are
normalized per primary particle. For the activity/dose rate the
normalization is per second, and the value depends on the current you set
in the irrprofi card.
 Ciao
Paola

> Sorry again
> I try to use your advice but i don't have results.
>
> Try to look this .inp file. Is a simulation on a real thing.
>
> Resnuclei is empty and the value on the USRBIN is 0.
>
> If you read the sum.list file of the Resnuclei you can see that the beam
> intensity is 0.0166 pr/s...Why?
>
> My value of primary is 1000000 and my particle current is in the order of
> 10^15 p/s.
>
> Regards
>
> Angelo
>
> Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:08:04 +0100
> From: wurth_at_ipno.in2p3.fr
> To: angeloinfa_at_hotmail.com
> CC: fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org
> Subject: Re: Activity value 0.0000E+00???
>
> Hello Angelo,
>
> I began my answer before I saw your second mail, that's the reason why I
> started the explanation from the beginning.
>
> To understand properly you should have some real example : I have an
> electron beam of 6.25e13 e- per second, for say a week (convert in seconds
> 86400*7), here are the two values for "irrprofile". Then you want to
> calculate activity in a given region (resnuclei), one minute after the end
> of irradiation, here is your cooling time : 60.0.
> You should have :
> * a raddecay card to activate the radioactive decay
> * an irrprofi card to set your irradiation profile
> * a decay time card
> * a resnuclei card
> * a dcyscore card to link the last two
>
> And of course, you have to create some nuclear reaction in that given
> region !
> Make sure your physical properties are set in the proper way.
>
> When DCYSCORE is applied to a detector, results are given per unit time
> (for instance Bq for a resnuclei card).
> The number of primaries put in the START card has nothing to do with the
> number of particles involved in the physical process whereas the one given
> in the IRRPROFIle card has.
>
> I think I never tried witout defining a profile, I don't know if it could
> give some result.
>
> Hope it helps,
> Regards.
>
> Sebastien.
>

> Angelo Infantino wrote :
>

> Sorry, but probably i don't have understand very good.
> I tryed to do a simplest simulation to understand better the use of this
> card but
> i have the same results.
> Activity 0.0000E+00 and Resnuclei empty. What is wrong?
> Another question. What mean have the number of primary when i put a
> particle current in the IRRPROFI card?
> For example if i put primary=100 and p/s=100000, what is the number of
> particle that i'm simulating??? 100 or 100000?
> Thank you
>
> Angelo Infantino
>

>> Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:50:42 +0100
>> From: wurth_at_ipno.in2p3.fr

> [...]