RE: FLUKA error

From: Dan Kirby <djk191_at_bham.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:04:31 -0000

Dear Ahmad,

I don't believe this to be an error, just an artefact of the energy loss
steps. There are two ways of eliminating/reducing these steps: you can use
FLUKAFIX to reduce the energy loss step size (I think using HADROTHE
defaults will set this to something reasonable also - the value you must be
using looks to be quite large) and/or enable DELTARAY with a transport
threshold around 10 keV and this will "smooth" the energy deposition much
better by generating secondary electrons above this threshold, but of course
this results in a longer computational time.

I hope this helps,

Dan Kirby
Medical Physics Group
School of Physics and Astronomy