RE: energy deposition in thin beam windows

From: <tristan.davenne_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:43:45 +0100

Dear Alberto,

Thanks for your message.

I have seen a paper where for a thin target the energy deposition is not
just defined by dE/dx. They claim that quite a lot of the energy
deposited in the thin target leaves in the form of electrons with their
own kinetic energy. The energy carried by the electrons which leave the
target reduces the heating of the target with respect to the dE/dx
calculation. Is FLUKA accounting for these electrons that are able to
leave a thin target?

Kind Regards

Tristan