energy deposition in thin beam windows

From: <tristan.davenne_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:06:19 +0100

Dear Fluka experts,

I have been successfully modelling energy deposition in long cylindrical
targets. I am now interested in energy deposition in thin beam windows
of less than 1mm in thickness. Do I need to make any modifications to my
inputs to get accurate results?

For example I note the following comment in the FLUKA manual which
mentions using the EMF-BIAS option for a thin target.

"The EMF-BIAS <http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=3Dman_onl&sub=3D28>
option
can be tuned per region below user-defined energy thresholds and is used
very often in shielding calculations for high-energy electron
accelerators. The same command can be used also to bias the electron and
photon mean free path for various types of interaction, for instance to
enhance the probability of interaction in a thin or low-density target."

Many Thanks

Tristan