Re: BEAMPOS

From: Lucia Sarchiapone <Lucia.Sarchiapone_at_lnl.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:25:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

using SFLOOD for the definition of your source you, basically, define
through the routine the position and direction of your source particle.
Therefore, whichever value you put in the BEAMPOS definition, it will be
overwritten.
If you define also the beam energy (or momentum) in the routine, then
the value you put in the WHAT(1) of the BEAM card will represent the
maximum possible energy (or momentum) of your simulation; if you don't
define the beam energy in the routine, then the value in the BEAM card
is the energy of your primary particle, as usual.
The presentation you find following the link is very useful to write the
source.f routine:

http://fluka-course.web.cern.ch/FLUKA-Course/Lectures_pdf/c14_UserRoutines.pdf

For the FLOOD option in Flair I don't know what it is for and if it is
already active.

Cheers,

Lucia