Re: fluence spectra

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:07:17 -0700

Laena,

In your input file you are scoring PROTON fluence in a R-PHI mesh centered
at xof track-lengths for your protons, so the units are
cm/cm^3m^2. Now, of course FLUKA expresses the results per primary
particle. So 1/cm^2/starting_proton. You need to multiply the result by the
number of protons per second that you shoot into your target.

If you want to have the spectra of your fluence then use USERTRACK. In that
  case you will obtain the differential spectra dfluence/dE (units are
1/cm^2/GeV/starting_proton) for the energy grid (linear or logarithmic) that you request, but you will not be able to simultaneously sort the results in a
3-D grid (like with USRBIN). Instead, you will have to request your spectra
for the PROTONS that cross a given region of your geometry. I suggest that
you split your volume in several disk regions and that you use several
USERTRACK cards associated with those regions. Then you could load all those
in FLAIR (or gnuplot) to see how your spectrum changes with the depth.

In case of further doubt I suggest you to read this:
http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?idhttp://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id
Mario