Re: Ratio of two 2D USRBIN distributions

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:27:58 +0200

Hi Vadim,

there is no direct way to do this neither from FLUKA nor from flair.
However it can be done with various ways the easiest I could imagine is
to merge the two ascii files line-per-line (output from flair) into one
and then get from the output window of flair the plotting command "splot
..." and plot in the "using" command the division of the two columns like
splot 'enedep.dat' us 2:1:($4/$6) notitle

merging of the files can be done with an editor that supports column
selection or even with the unix "join" command

Of course another approach will be to write a small script program in
your preferred language

Best Regards
Vasilis

On 08/11/10 07:22, Vadim Talanov wrote:
> Dear FLUKA experts,
>
> May be this question is related more to FLUKA utils and/or FLAIR:
>
> Let's suppose that there are two 2D distributions of two different
> quantities A and B scored by USRBIN on the same binning.
>
> Is there a way to get (automatically) the plot of their ratio - i.e.
> A(ix,iy) / B(ix,iy)?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Kind regards,
> Vadim