Re: Disabling MCS

From: Anna Ferrari <anna.ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 01:30:47 +0100 (CET)

Dear Daniel,

probably you are suppressing multiple scattering but is not this message
that tells you this. This message in my opinion says only that the Moliere
theory of the scattering is used, for primaries and secondaries, thing
that is true even if you set the parameters to completely suppress,
practically, the MCS (somebody can eventually correct me!)

In particular:
- if you use your second method (MCSTHRES card) you don't "swich off" the
multiple scattering, you practically suppress it by setting a minimum
threshold bigger that the beam energy.
- if you use the MULSOPT card you have also to specify (in what(4) and
what(5)) the interval of material indices where the complete suppression
of the multiple scattering that you have set is valid. If you have done
this (I think yes) in the output file you should find, for each medium
where the MCS suppression is activated, the message:

   *** Multiple scattering not performed for this medium ***

I think you have to check this.

Hope it helps,
regards,

Anna