Re: circular beam

From: Anna Ferrari <anna.ferrari_at_lnf.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:23:47 +0100 (CET)

Dear Hamideh,
if I have well understood your needs, it seems to me that you want a
circular source in x-y plane, centered in (0,0,0) and with a certain
radius r, with the particles emitted I guess along z? Is it correct?

Said that, I don't understand why you want to use UBEAM, the tx direction
cosine, to define the radius of your distribution. This is in any case not
correct, the radius r must be defined inside the source.
Moreover, IF I understood correctly your source, I would not touch the
polarization cosines (because tx=0, ty=0 and tz=1 are already the right
choice).
Last: if you want a uniform distribution of the source coordinates in the
circle, take care about the sampling... if you uniformely sample the
radius r between 0 and 1 you get a not uniform particle density, having
more particles originating close to the center.

Hope it helps,
kind regards

Anna