Re: Boltzmann Master Equation (BME)

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:09:59 +0200

Dear Manuel,

have a look in the manual at the notes of the IONTRANS card, which has
replaced EVENTYPE - now obsolete -, or at the most updated ion lecture of
the recent Heidelberg course
(https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/heidelberg2011/Lectures/Ions0311.pdf

slide 37).

As pointed out there, contrary to DPMJET and RQMD, BME has never to be
linked, since it's already embedded in the main FLUKA library. On the
other hand, it's actually invoked only if the ion full transport is on,
and this is the case when an ion beam is input (so you do not even need
IONTRANS).

> When I check my outputfiles I just can find the initializiation of DPMJET
> and RQMD. I can't find anything concerning BME.

In fact BME is explicitly mentioned in the output file where the
thresholds between the three different models (with the default smearings)
are recalled.

Best regards

Francesco