Re: Can't score the energy deposition blackhole region by USRBIN?

From: Nikolaos Charitonides <charitonick_at_math.ntua.gr>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 15:08:48 +0200

Dear Hangao,

You cannot score the energy deposition on a blackhole region, simple
because no energy deposition is done there ! When the particle enters
the blackhole region, is automatically "killed", and not transported in
order to deposit energy. The same effect would happen with a particle
transversing a vacuum region: no energy is deposited in vacuum ! You
should try to re-think the way of placing your estimators...

By the way, why you are still using the 2008.3d version of FLUKA? It is
considered obsolete, you should use 2011.2.3 .

Cheers,
N. Charitonidis