user routine SOURCE

From: <zhbail_at_student.sysu.edu.cn>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:34:07 +0800 (CST)

Hello all
In the end of "12.2.19.5 Sampling from a biased distribution",it says:
Important!
The values of beam characteristics defined by commands BEAM (p. 64) and
POLARIZAti (p. 182) are available in COMMON BEAMCM: the angular
divergence (variable DIVBM), beam width (XSPOT and YSPOT), and the
polarisation vector (UBMPOL, VBMPOL, WBMPOL) can help to set up a scheme
to sample the corresponding quantities from user-defined distributions.
But sampling from the distributions pre-defined by BEAM and POLARIZAti
is not simply inherited by subroutine SOURCE: it is the responsibility
of the user to write such a scheme!

I have to activated SOURCE with my source routine,because the particles
of my sample are not monoenergy.At same time,i need an isotropic
distribution in particle direction.So how should i do?
1 Assigning a value(>2000*pi) to variable DIVBM ,which can be overridden
in user routine SOURCE?
Or
2 Write myself a scheme for the isotropic distribution in user routine
SOURCE?

One more question,in START card WHAT(1)=3Dmaximum number of primary
histories simulated in the run
                                 Default = 5000.0
what is the maximum value of the WHAT(1) in START?

forgive me for my ignorance and best regards!
Bob