RE: Using LOW_BIAS to discard Fissions from low energy (<20 MeV)

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:52:37 -0700

neutrons
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it

Hi Mina,

The cutoff for LE/HE is related to the low-energy neutron definition in FLUKA,
so I believe 19.6 MeV. If you test the SCORE command that you already
defined with different primary proton beam energies above and below that
limit you will see how the HE-FISSION contribution vanishes when the beam
is below that energy and slowly appears when you go above it.

Similarly, you can use SCORE to test if the LOW-BIAS command applied from
low energy group 1 (the highest energy) is enough to suppress all low-energy
neutron contribution as defined by FLUKA. You will see that by activating
that command LE-FISSION does NOT entirely disappear (when neutrons reach the
highest low energy group, 1, they are deposited at the spot, not killed).
However, if you use PART-THRES at 20.0 MeV (kinetic) you completely suppress
all low-energy neutron ('low' as defined in FLUKA) and all the fissions =
are due to 'high-energy' protons, neutrons, etc.

Mario