Understanding the reults

From: Tomasz Cybulski <T.Cybulski_at_liv.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:57:59 +0100

Hello,

      I did my simulations and I would like to ask few questions about
the interpretation of the results as I do not
fully understand what Fluka gives in return.

      Getting you back to the case of my set-up:

There is a proton beam impinging on the copper target as in the geometry
in input files. It is a 60MeV proton beam of annular shape with radius
of 1 cm. It hits the target and I want to score the proton fluence with
respect to angle and energy one way only - from Target to Vacuum 1. I
used USRBDX for that. The USRBDX's results are normalised to particles /
GeV / sr / cm2 per primary. As far as the tab.lis files are integrated
over solid angle the normalisation is in particles / GeV / cm2 per
primary. I understand that to get absolute value of Fluence I should
multiply the results by number of primaries, surface (100.531cm2 in this
case) and the energy bin width in GeV. When I do the multiplication I
get results like 0.5 proton. I do not really understand the result I get.

I did two runs:
1. 5e5 protons in 20 cycles
2. 1e6 protons in 10 cycles.

I was expecting that the number of primaries was too small for
statistics but Increasing the number of primaries did not change
anything. How should I understand that for 1e6 or 5.e5 protons I get 0.5
proton of certain energy (please, refer to the plots and data attached).

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

Tomasz Cybulski

--
------------------------------------
Tomasz Cybulski