Re: Understanding the reults

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:59:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tomasz,

> I understand that to get absolute value of Fluence I should
> multiply the results by number of primaries, surface (100.531cm2 in this
> case) and the energy bin width in GeV.

You must multiply the results by the energy bin width in GeV, ok. But
you must
DIVIDE (not multiply!) by the area of the surface. (Even better, you can
input
the area as WHAT(6) of USRBDX. The results will then be already divided
by it).
And then, you must NOT multiply by the number of primaries used in your job
(1e6 or 5.e5 protons), but by the actual number of primaries in the
physical case

Alberto

--
Alberto Fasso`
SLAC-RP, MS 48, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park CA 94025