USRBIN estimator with region binning

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:10:59 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to use the USRBIN estimator with region binning for the first time. I define a USRBIN
card the following way in a simple test input file:

USRBIN 12. PHOTON -24. rdUC3Tgt PhotDisR
USRBIN rBeWin 1. &

My first question concerns "R1from" and "R1to". Does this mean that all regions defined in the
input file between the two regions set to R1from and R1to will be included as "bins" in this
estimator? i.e. if I have the following regions defined in my input file,

rBeWin 5 +bBeWin
rTaConv 5 +bTaConv
rAlWin 5 +bAlWin
rdUC3Tgt 5 +bdUC3Tgt

Question:
Will there be 4 bins in the usrbin estimator, one for each of the above regions?

Problem:
When trying to look at the distribution, I get the following message:
"
Plot of Region or Special binning has been requested, however no geometry to plot-onto has been
selected. -Auto- or 'No' plot cannot not work with this type of binning. Please create first a
geometry plot.
"

Then I plot and save the default geom plot (Green projection which is the X-Z projection in my case)
and try again. This time, I get a message saying:

"
Please check the Output window for error messages from gnuplot.
"

The error message says:

<e< Warning: empty cb range [-1.70498:-1.70498], adjusting to [-1.68793:-1.72203]
<e< gnuplot> splot 'EBeam_PhotonDist_Region.dat' ind 1 us 5:3:7 notitle ,'Green.dat' ind 0 us
5:3:(0) w l ls 1 notit,'' ind 2 us 5:3:(0):6 w labels noenhancedoffset 0,.3 point ps 0.7 pt 11 tc lt
0 font '' notitle
<e<

<e< line 0: ';' expected

Can someone please help me get around this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Mina