Re: Dose rates from certain regions only

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:06:20 -0700

Dear Mario,

Thank you. I see the behaviour you have described below after setting up four sets of runs:

1) rTaConv "off", rdUCxTgt "off" Where "off" means setting the sixth entry of the ASSIGNMA to Vacuum.
2) rTaConv "off", rdUCxTgt "on"
3) rTaConv "on", rdUCxTgt "off"
4) rTaConv "on", rdUCxTgt "on"

I looked at res. nuclei production rate as well as gamma dose rate in each of the two regions in each of the above
scenarios.

I see

- That the nuclei inventory in the regions are the same regardless of the decay material setting.

- No gamma dose rates in either rTaConv or rdUCxTgt in case 1.
- Some dose rate in rTaConv from activation in rdUCxTgt in case 2.
- Some dose rate in rdUCxTgt due to activation in rTaConv in case 3.

This means there is no tracking of decay gammas through vacuum regions; however, since usrtrack reports sum of the track
lengths of the decay gammas going through a volume, there is one track to sum over since the gammas are not interacting
in that volume/region (no eloss, attenuation, etc.). True?

Best wishes,
Mina