Re: Time evolution of Dose Rate using USRTRACK

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:41:03 -0700

Dear Mario,

Thank you for your response.

In my input under the transport section and for photons, I have:

EMFCUT production cut: 1 MeV
EMFCUT transport cut: 200 keV
RADDECAY decay cut: 1.0 (1.0 * 0.1 * 200) = 20 keV
RADDECAY production cut: 10 (10 * 0.1 * 200) = 200 keV ===> so leaving the production transport cut the same as defined
in the EMFCUT card.

So yes, it is true that photons below 1 MeV are killed because of the production cut in EMFCUT so I would not expect to
see anything below 1 MeV. What I thought I had seen before were two sets of numbers with the first set having a
different energy interval that I had set in the input file and zeros every where for DOSE-EQ, followed by a second set,
having the binning I had chosen in the input card. It is possible I had made a mistake somewhere. If I reproduce the
behaviour, I will post again.

Best wishes,
Mina