Re: Running FLUKA on multipole cores

From: George Kharashvili <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:42:51 -0400

Hi Tomek,

If you are using flair, try "Spawn run in many CPUs" control - it's
under Run/Input, third control from the top.
When you run 1 input for multiple cycles, every next cycle has to wait
for the previous one to finish. Therefore, it will only utilize one CPU.
"Spawn" will create multiple input files with different random number
seeds. You can also do this by creating multiple input files with
different WHAT(2) values (such as 1, 2, 3, ...) in RANDOMIZ card and
running each input separately for one or more cycles.
If you use Spawn, flair will allow you to merge the results
automatically. If you create multiple input files manually, you will
have to rename the outputs at the end in such way, that they can then be
merged.

Best regards,
  -George

--