Re: energy resolution vs pseudorapidity

From: Vittorio Boccone <boccone_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:59:33 +0100

Hi Ertan
In fact you are loading the scoring of R2->R20 in the tail of your
distribution...

The root script is a bit confusing. On the X axis of the "hedep" plot
you are loading the what you have in the column/rows of your EVENTBIN
which are corresponding to the energy deposited in your scintillators
(R2->R20) as function of the lattice number, while the title of the axis
say "Energy Deposit [GeV]"

You probably want to plot the Energy deposit vs. the scintillation tiles
number right?

Then you try to place in position 190->200 the actual starting tiles
which of course will have an higher energy deposition...
In addition when entering in a the LATTICE the particle is transported
to the prototype region and there the interactions are made.

If you used scoring "per region per lattice" starting from lattice 0
(which is the real prototype and your case the first 10 layers of your
calorimeter)
you should be able to solve the peak problem.
The first line in the output is the "lattice 0", while the second line
is the second lattice and so on...

EVENTBIN 8.0 ENERGY 32. reg20 9.
10000.evRegLat
EVENTBIN reg2 0.0 -10000. 2. 1. 1.&

For question 2 I don't understand exactly what you mean. If you want to
add the 3rd user defined quantity for special
binning you must define an "fusrbv.f" external routine (Look in chap
13.2.9)
regards
V.

--