Re: USRYIELD to look at photon emittance?

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:43:47 +0100

Dear Mina,

> Just to make sure, is the region selection for USRYIELD the same as for
> YSRBDX? ie. Two consecutive regions sharing a boundary with first region
> the upstream region and the second the downstream region?

yes

> To look at the photon emittance on the dUC3Gr target, I have used the
> upstream Tantalum window as Reg. 1 and dUC3Gr as Reg. 2. Is this the
> best choice?

I would say yes, but talking about emittance one should consider, together
with the angular distribution, also the spatial distribution. You could
get correlated info (photon position and direction, and energy) by a
customized scoring via the user routine mgdraw, entry BXDRAW

Ciao

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI