low energy neutron cross-section

From: Xu Lijun <webxu_at_ciae.ac.cn>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:47:12 +0800

Dear FLUKA experts,
     I really want to know which cross-sections in the FLUKA neutron
library. I found that the cross-sections origin for materials oxygen and
carbon is ENDF/B6R8. Is it very different from ENDF/B-VI?
     Here is my problem. When I simulated the low energy neutron
interaction with oxygen or carbon material, there was a mono-energy peak
in the pulse height spectrum. But according to the cross-section data
from ENDF/B-VI, the pulse height spectrum should be smooth and the
mono-energy peak couldn't appear. The interaction between low energy
neutron and oxygen or carbon material is mainly elastic scattering, so
there couldn't be a peak in the pulse height spectrum.
Best regards,