Re: Score only the source neutron undergoing absorption and scattering ,excluding fission neutron.

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 22:45:07 -0700

Hi,
Coming back to your question from several weeks ago, I understand you want
to score neutrons other than those coming from fission. I have looked around
the documentation and these are my conclusions:

1- I don't see that any flag is attached to the neutrons to discriminate
those that resulted from a fission process. Therefore I don't think that it
is possible to score neutrons that come from fission or neutrons that don't
come from fission. They are all scored together.

2- The other alternative would have been to switch off fission, but again,
I am not sure there is a knob from the user end to accomplish that.

3- As a result of 1 and 2, I don't see any way to achieve the scoring you
asked for other than maybe manipulating the source code. Of course you can
score fissions, low energy fissions and high energy fissions, but I don't
think that from that information you can get what I think you were asking
for.

Mario