FLUKA Installation

From: Fawaz Ali <fawaz.ali_at_mycampus.uoit.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:20:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Everyone,

I am installing FLUKA on a laptop containing the Fedora 16 Linux operating system.  After reading the user's manual and installation self-help documents available online, it is my understanding that the installation procedure is as follows:

(1) Extract the contents of the TAR file into the FLUKA folder (located in the HOME directory)

(2) Create the $FLUPRO environment variable and make it permanent by editing the .bashrc file

(3) Create the default FLUKA executable, flukahp

I have been able to complete the first two steps, but the third step is where I am running into issues.  I am getting a variety of messages pertaining to g77 being unable to perform a "linking" procedure.  I have attached a screenshot showing these messages.

I am using the Fedora Linux with Linux 3.1.0-7.fc16.i686 operating system.  I am quite new to Linux and I would appreciate if anyone can provide some instructions on how to solve these issues.

Thank you kindly,

Fawaz Ali

Screenshot_at_2012-04-29_14:04:49.png