Secondary Alpha and Recoil Nuclei

From: Fawaz Ali <fawaz.ali_at_mycampus.uoit.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 10:34:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Everyone,

I am performing a simulation whereby low energy neutrons (with kinetic energy on the order of keV) are irradiating a target. I am
applying the DETECT card to the sensitive volume of the target and I am expecting to see the following secondary particles which
will contribute to the counts vs. energy deposited spectrum: protons, alpha, and recoil Carbon, Oxygen, and Nitrogen nuclei (note
that I have set their respective transport thresholds down to 1 keV). I am seeing the protons but I am not seeing the alpha and C,
O, N recoil nuclei. Is this because FLUKA does not transport these particles? Would I have to go into the USERDUMP tape to find
the kinetic energy they deposit in the sensitive volume?

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks,
Fawaz