Re: [FLUKA] Secondary electron emission

From: Stefano Sinigardi <Stefano.Sinigardi_at_bo.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:10:32 +0200

So, judging from the mail from Alfredo Ferrari in that thread, dated Thu Sep 21 2006 - 22:37:27 CEST, which i'm quoting here

"In essence fluence is a property of the (local) radiation field, your
test surface being a useful way to "measure" it. Current is as dependent
on the surface orientation as it is on the radiation field, and its only
purpose is to "count" charged particles (it never has any meaning for
neutral ones) in those cases where you don't care about the amount of
energy they deposit (which of course is proportional to FLUENCE) but you
operate ie in saturated regime and you get just a pulse for each
particle entering your detector, the pulse being independent of the
actual energy left by the particle (think about an RPC trigger chamber
for example)"

it seems that I need to use current, NOT fluence, because I just want to
COUNT electrons produced from the interaction between the proton bunch
and the foil and that go to the vacuum behind it, independently from the
energy that they deposit on that foil.
Please let me know if now I'm correct in my assumption.

Best regards,

       Stefano Sinigardi