RE: problem with running FLUKA

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 23:36:26 +0200

Dear Sudeshna

do you regularly receive the messages of the list? If not, you have to
register, following the indications on the FLUKA website and then
checking that the list traffic actually comes through your mailbox. If
this is already the case, likely your post did not get approved yet and
will be distributed soon (sometimes it can take few days).

Coming to your problem, I would say that on this occasion the error
message is fairly clear: the parameters you have given the EMFCUT
card through Flair are setting the leading particle biasing (LPB) in an
obsolete and no longer allowed way. Environment variables are not
concerned and there is no format issue. EMFCUT should be intended for
setting the electromagnetic thresholds, whereas LBP - if desired - should
be activated through EMF-BIAS. The guilty parameter is the third field
(WHAT(3) in FLUKA language) of your last EMFCUT card, set to -1. According
to the manual, this value is indeed excluding (not activating) LPB, but
anyway now the only accepted value is 0.0 (or blank).
Your -1.0 was unintentionally set by Flair. Keep in mind that Flair is a
(very convenient) graphical interface human oriented but what FLUKA
actually digests are the six numerical parameter cards that you see echoed
below in the output file and that Flair also allows you to see on the
bottom of its window. The meaning of the parameters is reported in the
manual as a function of the card and in case of problems one should always
look at what FLUKA got as input.

Cheers

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti