Re: Assignmat error

From: Carl Eichert <ceicher_at_g.clemson.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:43:49 -0700

Hi Fluka Team,

Still very new to FLUKA here. I'm trying to understand the cross sections
of p-p collisions from galactic cosmic rays on the galactic gas. I assume
it's because I'm not getting any collisions from the gaseous hydrogen. In
this file, I don't have a MATERIAL command, but I do have an ASSIGNMAT
calling hydrogen. This file ran but I received zero energy deposition in
the track-length binning. When I tried to input a MATERIAL card for
hydrogen with a new density and atomic weight (that of liquid hydrogen),
the error file reads, "****unable to resolve name element HYDROGEN in
card****... ASSIGNMAT HYDROGEN regBE3". Can you explain why this is
happening? Thank you for your input in advance.

is there a way to change the density that would make this
work? Without the MATERIAL card, I feel that the change in density is not
possible, but again, I get that error when I try implementing it.

I have attached the input file if you could take a look and help me figure
out the problem. Thanks!

Very Respectfully,

CARL J. EICHERT, C/Capt,
AFROTC Clemson University,